Ref: Darryl P Laycock
In 10 years of working in crime awareness there has been 162 ex-offenders approach me post release or released on temporary license, stating they wanted to turn their lives around or prevent others making the same mistakes they had.
- I have worked with 162 of them on their reintegration, rehabilitation and personal development.
- 130 of these expressed a wish to undertake curative work with CYP educating them on the consequences of crime, using their negative pasts to inspire positive futures.
- In my opinion around 97-99 of them genuinely wanted to do this work.
- Around 57 did their best to deliver this message.
- Of which no more than 11 had the ability to engage and get the message across effectively.
- In my opinion 7- 8 actually have the credibility and experience needed for CYP to listen.
- 4 or 5 have the right intentions and do the work for the benefit of others.
- But there was one who stands out and continues no matter what is thrown at them.
Darryl Laycock is not just 1 in 162 he is a one in a million. I have personally seen Darryl go through hardships and climb mountains that no other person could have, just because he wants to help others. This man is an inspiration to both I and anyone who actually wants to make a difference for others.
We deal with CYP deemed the most hard to reach in the country and work in the most deprived communities out there, CYP often come from injurious family backgrounds and lack positive role models. I have witnessed Darryl work with and inspire these youngsters to become the best they can, the impact of which is quite astonishing. He has an ability to engage CYP from all backgrounds, this is a unique attribute which no one is born with but he somehow has. Children have a great talent in that they can see through the bullshit that is why they wont tolerate others but listen to people like Darryl and can relate to him, in turn learning from his past mistakes made and genuine regret.
Good luck mate, you deserve so much always remember there will always be others who gladly take credit for changing peoples lives but keep fighting the fight because it is people like yourself who actually do change lives.
CELLS Project Development Manager.
Darryl is proudly sponsored by Twinzz Headwear and Creative Media Mavericks Web Design